Research Topic

Tomer Yakov

LIB 1201

Professor Ian Beilin

Research Topic

My topic is concerning medical privacy laws and acts that are seen through out our legislator and state of NY. I will try to research cumbering what is the meaning of these laws, what do they mean and what are the rights of patients pertaining to confidentiality and medical privacy laws. I will gain my base and foundation for this research via the use of research scholarly engines such as Google scholar. In addition I will use scholarly search banks such as LexisNexis and Ebscohost. My main focus after explaining what are the laws and regulations is to answer the following question; how to secure our medical information in mobile health-care communication systems? I will supply many different ways of approaching this topic and I will supply the current accepted method of usage. I believe in my paper I will touch upon the idea of what is HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, also known as HIPAA, refers to a set of laws that dictate how medical information about a patient can be used) according to ehow.com. According to Online Journal of Issues in Nursing from Ebsco.com, and I quote” Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) in 1996 to limit the ability of an employer to deny health insurance coverage to employees with preexisting medical conditions”.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.