LIB 1201 – Research & Documentation for the Information Age – Section 3930

active 12 years ago
This Course Profile is PRIVATE, but the Course Site is OPEN to all visitors.
Spring 2012

In this course we will explore issues in research and documentation for text (in print and online), images, sound, and multimedia. You will investigate where information comes from and how it is organized in both traditional and emerging media. We will examine the ethics of information use and determine how to critically evaluate sources. Throughout the course, you will create and present research and documentation projects using traditional and emerging media and technologies. This is a writing-intensive course. You should expect to spend 4-6 hours outside of class time preparing for class each week.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Ian Beilin

WEB 2.0

Where would this World be without web 2.0?  First of all, Web 1.0 was just the biginning of the […] See MoreWEB 2.0

Badke Chapter 5

Searching a book has become dreadful for students today in age. I know when I get a research paper […] See MoreBadke Chapter 5

City Tech Eats

http://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/citytecheats/ City Tech eats is a website that students can […] See MoreCity Tech Eats

Comment on "Plagiarism: a Lie of the Mind"

I think a school principal should be the last person in this world to Plagiarize. He should be a […] See MoreComment on "Plagiarism: a Lie of the Mind"

Comment on "The Coffee House Response"

Time keeps going while technology keeps improving. I liked how you said that twitter and Facebook […] See MoreComment on "The Coffee House Response"

I agree with what you say and it is true because plagiarism plays a role in society. People […] See MoreComment on "Plagiarism: a Lie of the Mind"