Plagiarism

Plagiarism is one topic that is gaining more and more attention every single day. The article ” A lie of the mind” is stating many issues regarding to plagiarism. The article opens up the story with a president of a school been found guilty of plagiarism. I think a school president should be the last person in this earth to plagiarize because they are the one who should be leading the way and say NO to plagiarism. The author also stated that ” Plagiarism is a bad thing because it takes the place of and prevents learning”. I absolutely agree with this statement because when plagiarizing, one is just taking someone else work and claims it as their own. In other words, they are not doing the thinking, and this will prevent them from improving their knowledge. One of my english Professor used to say ” a mind is a terrible gift to waste, used it or you will lose it”. The author also mentioned that “If I copied a page of Genovese’s Roll, Jordan, Roll, or Lasch’s The Culture of Narcissism, committed it to memory, and blandly, smoothly replayed some or all of it in my lectures, the result would be prettier, but it wouldn’t be mine. I would be guilty of plagiarism”. This is a excellent point because I don’t think he would be guilty of plagiarism as long as he mention where he got it from, and he’s also uing for the benefit of the students.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.