After reading Marinetti’s article I got the sense that he seems really open minded and is very confident in the future, I researched him and found out he is the founder of the Futurist movement of the early 1900s. Marinetti envisioned what may happen in the upcoming future is that people are to create their own paths and live their lives the way they see fit and no longer live life by tradition. El Lissitzky envisioned what may happen in the upcoming future is that people will learn about the ways of how art was done in the past and in the future, it will be done with the same process. The Constructivist Group envisioned what may happen in the upcoming future is that humans will enhance their way of life with the help of technology, make life easier, and become reliant on technology advancements.

Marinetti had thought technology would help the world advance to high levels it’s never reached before and to erase how things were done traditionally. Lissitzky had thought technology in the future would help bring communication in art and design to ring people in other nations more together. The Constructivist Group thought technology was something that would strip the true meaning of what art really is. After reading their article, I came to understand that the authors just don’t see technology is a bad thing, but it may cause artists to rely on it too much in which technology will do more of the artwork than the artist itself. On page 2, a line that says “Technology is—the mortal enemy of art.”, stunned me because I am a person that uses today’s technology to create some art pieces, and as I continue to read I see the authors express how us humans are not going to become “slaves” to technology so that we can continue on building skyscrapers and other contraptions that aren’t really necessary.

What I find common about these authors is that they all seem to believe that technology will be a part of the future in people’s everyday life as it continues to be studied and enhanced in different ways it can be used, and it can either have positive or negative effects depending on the way on how people use it. I think the whole text that seems true in the present-day is from Filippo Tommaso Marinetti as he seems to praise new technologies that are discovered and were used to create automobiles for and because of their creation, they help transportation become easier and better for people to get to one place to another quicker, and today technology is a huge hit and is still being used to help create new and develop contraptions. What I think shows elements that are problematic are from The Constructivist Group text, to be honest, I can’t point out in a specific one spot on where a problem may be here but I choose this text because it seems the authors were not against the achievement of advance technology but that it shouldn’t be added to certain fields of work and it seemed the authors preferred that art should be done the traditional way, like canvas and paint with no need of help of technology because it’s not something a human had made its something a computer is programmed to do.