Language to me is the form of communication humans and I think even animals partake in order to physically say our thoughts and ideas and express emotions as we pronounce the words in the form of body language or in the constructed way they are supposed to be pronounced in our native language. Language can be expressed through the mouth by just talking, body language, like sign language, or in behaviors like in animals and pets like cats, dogs, and birds which I think show their emotion through body language which can give clues to the human on how they feel. How I think language is different from communication is the meaning because when I think about language, I just only think about people expressing themselves through words coming out of there mouths, and with communications, I start to think that there are different forms and ways people are able to communicate with one another without the use of actually saying the words out of your mouth. Like text messaging and emailing I think is an example of communication because you are speaking with a person, but not through your voice in which you talking and the other person hears you, but in a way, as you type on your electric device and just send the words you want to say, with no physical interaction needed.

The role language plays in design is that design is something a person can do by putting language into one piece of art. For example, The Starry Night is a very exquisite and beautiful painting, by just looking at it critiques, and even myself, have commented on how this painting made them feel and what are their thoughts on the painting. People can just express any word that comes to their mind about the painting, and no words in the illustration were included, the picture is enough to share its creativity and is pleasing to the eye. How I think symbols are related to language is that symbols can relate to society. Symbols can represent an object, a small image, or the time period people are living in. Signs like stop and go signs symbolized for safety for cars to drive and for when to cross the street, logos like Starbucks and Shop Rite symbolize what they are selling to the public, drinks &  food, and even small objects like a ring can symbolize a persons love for their partner. Signs, signifiers, and the signified employed are in general communication because I think they help to name objects and other things in different ways and have the same descriptor and meaning. Like let’s say you see a rat or a gerbil, you can also call them rodents as they are in the same family, and\then this can make you start to visualize those rodents and other kinds of it in your mind, creating the signified concept of the rat/gerbil.

Details from the text that I think provoke ideas for developing new design strategies are that I kind of get the feeling that new design ideas can come from being inspired by different cultures. Discovering how art and design are shown in different parts of the world design and seeing the way they do design, can be a boost of motivation and representation of those who see they can recreate that style in their way and are able to change the perspective view on the way they were taught to design. The Archaic numbering system is in many different forms as the world consists of people of different origins and ways of how their language is spoken. The numbering system I think can show and tell about the origins it was discovered from, like the numbers in Japan are combined and or written in two ways, Arabic and Chinese. I find that amazing how nations that are far from each other and have developed their way of life in different ways, that their teachings and discoveries are spread to different parts of the world and people see this and can study and learn to their benefit.