According to Helen Armstrong, the role design should play in the world today is that it is something that needs to be re-learned in new ways as new generations of designers come forth into this path as their career. According to Bruno Munari, the role design should play in the world today is that design isn’t something that should or can be owned and not all art is for the upper class or anything else considered popular status, the design is freedom and it can be whatever it wants to be by whomever. I understand with the discovery of design and there are a lot of great minds of design like Jaqueline Casey, Walker Evans, and Claude Garamond have all accomplished and represented different styles of design in different ways and as time moves forward, technological advancements are invented and new generations of designers come forth, and the history of the different felids of design lives on and continued to be taught and studied.

What I think distinguishes the fields of design like, graphic designer, photographer or fashion designer, from other occupations is the different ways they were discovered and how they came to be with the way they are today. In this field, the visual presentation is an important aspect to convey information, ideas, and concepts. Designers should concern themselves with theoretical questions because I think that this can help designers become more open-mined to thoughts and ideas that they may not even give a thought about themselves, and along with existing facts they can hypothesize on what may be possible or not. The role technology has played in shaping design professions like for example photography is that it is done easier than when it was first discovered. The Calotype was an old camera from the 1840s and to use it you had to put paper covered with silver iodide, and when exposed by the light it would take hours for the image to appear on paper. Technological enhancements have given us digital cameras some with touch screens, can autofocus, and can print in color.

The role technology plays today in design professions is that technology helps workers in this felid do their work and jobs more efficiently and easily, instead of using old machines. Designers are able to gain the information they need in order to communicate with clients and to keep their companies future-focused and afloat, and perform other necessary tasks. The most urgent problems I think designers face today, I want to say, staying up to pace with technological advancement, because I’ve noticed on social media or TV, that there is always some new model of a technological item that would come out just after 2 or 3 weeks the previous model came out. I can imagine how stressful it may feel to try and finish this one project your struggling with, and when your done your extremely tired but then your boss dumps another assignment on you and wants you to finish it within a short amount of time and the designer is responsible for this kind of problem because they are to gather information and materials, their ability and behavior will matter on how they reflect the company they work for and how they do their job.