There are two different perspectives and views from mainstream and underground art, just like a head and tail of a coin there are always the good and the bad. In the way that Brogan explains in the “Media Art, Mediality and Art Generally” the shift of differentiation and separation of art culture is due to change of “interest and orientation” in which the access of newer technology leads to a broader horizon on the design world.

The subject topic  I will be presenting is in regard to my first paper on Japanese Capsule Hotel and the changes from technology in architecture from a designer standpoint. I feel like the design from this hotel can be used on the graphical theory that is applied to this class and I can work more on. I am looking for some modern capsule building and how it would change the design over the year with more efficiency.

On the topic of mainstream art, people are seeing these arts as a new norm of art and believe that is the standardization of art many people would aim for.  Like most complimentary today , they are what people would consider mainstream art. Underground art on the other hand becomes the underdog of arts and usually is rare and out of sight, but the uniqueness of art has made it into mainstream art. I feel like it makes a huge gap between mainstream art but always ends up coming together.                 

1.Mickwitz, Nina. “El Volcán: Forging Global Comics Cultures through Alliances, Networks and Self-Branding.” Comics Beyond the Page in Latin America, edited by James Scorer, UCL Press, London, 2020, pp. 29–52. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctv13xpstc.7. Accessed 5 Dec. 2020.

2.Bunt, Brogan. “Media Art, Mediality and Art Generally.” Leonardo, vol. 45, no. 1, 2012, pp. 94–95., www.jstor.org/stable/41421814. Accessed 6 Dec. 2020.