Reading these short texts have given me an a detailed understanding of how designing can be a real talent, how typography, photography, language as in grammar and vocabulary are a very important tool in the design world. 

In the short reading “ The Theory and the Organization of the Bauhuas” by Walter Gropius, the part that stood out the most was “schooling alone can never produce art” I can somewhat agree with that because I myself never really knew about graphic design never thought of being one I grew up to like drawing that’s it. Even though some might not have the talent to become a designer but being ambitious about it will give you an opportunity. He also mentions of having to learn grammar and vocabulary and I believe those are very important elements in the art/design world because they bring a different way of communication into our designs. 

The reading “On Typography” by Herbert Bayer shows how he reduced his letterform designs by eliminating capital letter and serifs. He talks about the universal communication and how there is a barrier between languages that a universal visual medium has to be evolved, the only way is for science to step up and support. The evolution of typography and design have changed drastically especially technology wise, like what Herbert Bayer said “… we will write and read less and less and the book may be eliminated all together”.