HW#1: Michael Muller: Entertainment Photography

I chose Michael Muller as the photographer who’s photography caught my attention. His website has a large selection of various types of photography and because I’m really drawn into the entertainment industry, I was amazed to see how many of my favorite movie posters were shot by him. After going through his many photographs i noticed how intense the images tend to be, especially the portraits. The photo, or poster, that caught my attention was the poster of ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’. This was my favorite Marvel movie of all time which is probably the main reason I chose to speak about it. In this image Muller uses many different photography rules. There’s clear framing, contrast in the foreground and background. Instead of using the rule of thirds, Muller centers the body which ends up making the image look symmetrical. The diagonal lines lead your eyes to the direction of Captain America. Overall the poster looks perfect for the epic movie that it is!

Poster of Marvel's 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'. Photographed by Michael Muller.

One thought on “HW#1: Michael Muller: Entertainment Photography

1. Pete Labrozzi

Definitely one of my top Marvel movies too, although I have a really special place in my heart for the Guardians. Anyway, yes, great points, and he certainly has developed a unique and identifiable style in his photos. Good job with the compositional elements you see here, and thanks for bolding them lol.