- Do search scholarly work. Please check out this link how to find scholarly work:
- Do cite properly. When you take someone else’s work and ideas, you must cite properly.
- Please watch this video, Introduction to Citation Styles: APA 7th ed.
- Read this: APA Style Introduction by Purdue University
- Do remember that I use a software program that detects plagiarism and directly see if you copied and pasted someone else’s work. If you do not properly cite them, it can be considered plagiarism.
- Do read my feedback on your document in My Grade. You will have to click your paper to see that. Please navigate this page
- Do not make bullet points. You’re in my sociology class and your paper is not a report. It should be in an essay format.
- Do not use too many direct quotes. Avoid direct quotations within their writing as much as you can. I find some papers are filled with copied and pasted sentences. I am interested in your active voice, not heavily relying on sentences written by someone else. I will stop reading it if you have more than 50 words in direct quotations.
- Read this: Quoting and Paraphrasing.
- Do not just summarize any resources. I am much more interested in your findings and analysis, rather than reading summaries. Learn how to synthesize reading materials.
- Synthesizing Sources