CUNY Explorers – Post 4

It has been my experience on the job that I have learned the importance of being proactive and taking on leadership roles.During my internship. We are put in positions to do things ourselves without guidance from a professor. Or someone withmore experience than we do in design. This leaves me to learn to teach myself how to do things and use the experience I have to do what needs to be done. As an example, when I took the footage, I had to communicate with everyone else. Establish what I need. Yes, I am doing things related to my major, as a animation student and as a communication design student. Creating films, graphic design, and animation. My typical internship day is working at home or come into the office on Friday. At home working on videos for the program.

It was during the process of doing the work that I had to deal with certain challenges such as technical difficulties, issues at work, and family emergencies. Such as the work wouldn’t render properly, or the computer refused to work. At the internship site, I had trouble getting the footage I needed. To rectify the problem, I began working on campus as the computers were updated. Coming early and staying late wherever I could, like on my days off. I reached out to Jennifer Humala, who was the assistant to my supervisor who was also a COMD student. She gave me things to memorize for the tour and gave me feedback on how I was doing and where I can improve. I went to the supervisor directly to rectify the lack of material to work with. She handled the situation to the best of her ability, and things are progressing. I finished one of the video assignments, and completed a flyer for the internship.