Communication is key / Our First Assignment! – #6

I forgot to mention this in my last posting. I got my agreement and contact forms on 2/25. I asked Luis and Gabriel if they received their as well, to which they told me yes. I’m not sure when Luis and Gabriel got theirs, but they got their agreements nonetheless. They might have gotten theirs earlier than I did, but that’s not an issue in any way. As long as we had those filled out and ready to go, that’s all that matters. As mentioned in the previous post, my teammates and I were worried after some time of not hearing back from Mr. Lee of any updates and work. So some concern started to seep in. I got into contact with my other teammates in a meeting this last week. We decided to email Mr. Lee about any updates pertaining to our internship and any pending work. One of my teammates, Gabriel, was the one who sent out the email. In it, we iterated to Mr. Lee that we are ready to work and looking forward to collaborating with him. There was a bit of confusion on both parts during the initial part of our internship. We did, however, got in contact with Mr. Lee about any updates and new work that needed to be done.

He got back to us a few days ago as of this entry, and we are officially on our way to making out first works for him and Giving Forward. The first assignment was to create banners for a charity music zoom event Giving Forward is holding next week, 3/19. I am working on that as we speak. My teammates and I are doing our own versions and from there Mr. Lee and the higher ups of Giving Forward will pick which one works best. We are off to the races. The transition to remote communication was difficult as first. Since the pandemic happened around this time last year, we all had to adjust to remote learning and telecommunication. Some things we did on a regular basis, such as going to work or school, had become impossible to do. The shifting to zoom meetings and the like wasn’t the hard part, it was the not being able to interact with others for a while part that really put things into perspective for me. I have been thinking about how a lot of students this past year had to spend their last semesters via remote learning. I can’t speak for any of my fellow classmates, but for me, this has been an arduous time. I definitely took going to the actual school building for granted. Nonetheless, the way things are now, it’s better that remote learning is the norm now. Everyone is safer that way.