Week 2; Intro to Ethics

A) My internship update is I am currently working on experiments with kids at my internship teaching them about how things are designed will result in how we choose to use/ see them. I also am starting at a new school as well as my usual school to help teach motion design/ web design classes for 4-5th grade girls starting Monday which is exciting. 

B) The link I read was the article https://justcreative.com/networking-tips-for-designers/ some points that stood out to me is when they stated, “Set Quantifiable Goals” They explained how important it is for you to understand what you want to do when around other peoples in terms of connections and pitching yourself. Having an idea of what you can do to help your career is always a priority to help yourself get out there.

C) An experience I had at a networking event quite some time ago in a high school funded by the NFTE business program where I had to network and speak out loud to an audience of business owners for scholarships and opportunities to pursue public speaking. It was one of my first professional experiences and honestly, I haven’t gotten the opportunity for another so I don’t remember much. 

D) Adhering to ethics help a designer as it builds up your experience and confidence for your reputation as a designer. To the clients, they would appreciate the hard work and talent I could showcase.

E) My takeaway from this video is how communication can be manipulated by the use of resolving and even humor.