Internship Process

I applied for two internships that had peaked my interest and fulfilled my course requirements for my module of Illustration.The first interview I had was with Women’s Press Collective(WPC).The second one was at a company called Sacatelle,INC.I was accepted for both internships but chose Women’s Press because they replied to me quicker than Sacatelle,INC.I also liked that they were all volunteers coming together to give a voice to the people and the community. Sacatelle  told me I was accepted for the internship a week later but I was already interning at Women’s Press.I had made a commitment to Women’s Press Collective and I was sticking to it.

A small design company that make unique bags

I became aware of WPC internship through  a friends who had the same internship course as myself.She herself had interned at Women’s Press Collective and recommended I go and check it out.I reached out to Lisa Daniels about an internship opportunity.She immediately responded and set a date for an interview for the next day.At the interview I met with Lisa Daniels.Lisa Daniels is Women’s Press Collectives operations manager as well as my supervisor.My first impression of her was that she was very friendly and enthusiastic about her role and the impact it makes on others.During the interview she explained the history behind Women’s Press Collectives organization and how it was founded.She asked me about my college,my major and how I could contribute to their cause.As I am an artist I told her I would help in the design department of the organization.A few samples of my work were shown and she quickly welcomed me into the organization with open arms.