Journal Entry 7: Real world/Virtual world

So for the past few Ā post, I’ve done nothing but talk about the oculus rift so now I’m gonna talk about something else. Since the topic is about in-development 3d interactive stuff, I’ve got two examples of neat stuff. First off is a video game I’ve had my eye on for quite a while, it’s called Among the Sleep.

Among the Sleep is a PC/Mac only video game where it puts you in the mind of a baby as you discover the real nature of the night. It’s been in development for a year now but my enthusiasm remains absolute. This game will probably play a lot like Amnesia: the Dark Descent where Ā frontalĀ assaultsĀ areĀ discouragedĀ and game-play favors stealth and puzzle solving skills.

Another example I have here is not a video game but instead a filming technique. Well, I don’t know if its a ‘technique’ per say but what I’m talking about is 3d camera tracking. 3d camera tracking is when you take an object and morph it using a 3d model or when you incorporate a 3d model into the real world . Examples:

I don;t really know if that last one fit the topic but I liked it anyway.

Side note:

Does anyone remember that place Baker was talking about where there was a possible internship?

3 Responses to Journal Entry 7: Real world/Virtual world

1. stephanie s says:

I love the idea of inserting an animated object in a real world and vice versa as well.

2. rusnuvol says:

I think we need to call ACS for those parents that left the baby all alone in the whole house, unless they were upstairs sleeping, then disregard. I loved the second video, the can actually looked pretty darn real, till it lost it’s composure and started acting out. Baker mentioned internships at Razorfish and a more recent place where they pay you about 50 bucks per day. If it’s the second one you wanted…….Congratulations, you and i now have the same problem of not remembering the name.

3. marc says:

That whole thing is just making my wallet feel lighter…because it’d be an awesome as hell to do this stuff on a regular basis….god these kids in the future are going to be spoiled rotten.