The mission of the City Tech Women Engineers Club is to promote awareness and interest in improving the enrollment, retention and graduation rates of women in the technology programs at New York City College of Technology, as well as develop leadership skills through workshops, seminars and student collaboration. The Women Engineers Club shares this mission with the WiTNY (Women in Technology and Entrepreneurship in New York), NCWIT (National Center for Women & Information Technology), and YTF (Youth for Technology Foundation) program at City Tech.
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Women in Engineering (WIE) student branch at CityTech invites all interested students to join the City Tech Women Engineers Club and participate in club and WiTNY program activities. Joining IEEE WIE student chapter is optional. We provide support, information and resources to all members to help them succeed in their engineering technology field of interest.
Student Membership Includes:
- Digital subscription to the award-winning Women in Engineering Magazine
- Monthly WIE electronic newsletter
- Electronic access to the WIE Membership Directory
- WIE scholarships, travel grants, and awards
- Networking opportunities, forums/receptions, and conferences
- Assistance with the formation and support of WIE Student Branch Affinity Groups
- Opportunities to be featured in IEEE WIE resources
- Discounted rate to the IEEE International Women in Engineering Leadership Conference