Reflection 3

Each person has its own personality, morality, attitude to the life and to each other. We often might hear the expression “do not be judge people, so you won’t be judged” but, how often we really follow that expression? Probably not too often, at least for the majority of people. Nevertheless, I was happy to hear that expression in class. It indicated to me to one big point – this expression relates to everything, no matter what specialty you are, what is your professional skills what position you occupy first of all we all are humans and docent matter are you a graphic designer, doctor, writer or anyone else, none of us would like to be judged as we are just humans after all, with our own mistakes, choices, possibilities and conditions.
Going more detailed in our last class discussion I felt interested in a topic what do you need to succeed? As most of us what to be successful graphic designers, but not all might know what they need to have, know or do exactly to achieve that success. No one can give an exact recipe for success because each person is different and have its own standards of being successful. However, there is a recommendation that people used and some became successful. Many leadership books such as “Reach Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki have examples of someone’s success and how they achieved that by that recommending people to use those steps and they will become successful. Most of all it depends on how big your willingness is to achieve your goal and how well you implement the main characteristics that will help to be closer to the success. As it was discussed in class those are – the ability to working hard, have profession manners, passion, know the skills set, have great management skills. What I find new and important for me was – “in order to be visible and successful need to be relevant in graphic design.”
The second part of the class discussion I found more cognitive and very useful. The question where to look for the jobs interested me the most. When I moved to NY about 4 years ago I knew craigslist and indeed till our last class didn’t change too much, mostly because I get all my previous jobs by someone’s recommendation, either I was getting the proposition of the work. Nevertheless, as every class, I open something new for my self. Not less interested me the Tap Agencies, I found them convenient and definitely will take an opportunity to work with them.
Working in a family business I start to understand how terrifying for the small business owners when some people unknowing the common standards of the pricing in the working area and gives the price much lower than the standard price of the particular work. As a result of such couple people by unknowing the market price is falling and the unusable economy at the end. So, for me, it was important at least to have an idea about price list for the Graphic Designer at the beginning of the carrier. And the last class discussion clarified a lot on the hourly charge, how to manage and calculate the time spent on a design work. As well, knowing the difference between freelance and the full-time job became more clear and organized.
As a result, the last class as previous give some new information, inspiration clarification and guidance of becoming a successful graphic designer. As for me, I would like to have both a satiable job position and to work as s freelancer. I feel that freelance jobs give you more opportunities to open user as a communication design artist, as well as ore creative project and new people whack, is a great opportunity to network. The stable position gives you more security and stability. All in all, to understand what exactly belongs to me I need to try both.