Internship Search. Week 1

The internship is an important part of education for each student. It summaries participant’s experience received through the educational process. Moreover, internships are the investment tool in the future career. The most important knowledge which students receive during the internship is the real world experience, networking, resume builder, time management and career foundation and many more details that can be very useful in professional life.

In order to receive the interview as almost every student, I started with the research. My graphic design internship research has gone in a very quick mode as I took the Internship class in last-minute. As soon as I registered for the class I started to send my resume, cover letter, and portfolio to the companies. Most of them I found by using Indeed.com and LinkedIn websites. Also, I contacted Professor from the internship class for any suggestions, guidelines or just advise. To my surprise, Professor provided me, two persons, to contact from different companies. In the early morning, I sent the resume, cover letter, and portfolio to the provided companies and received a response in a couple of hours. I was invited to the interview with one of the companies. Before the interview, they gave me the test assignment to create a t-shirt for one of those clients. In time manner I sent the t-shirt design. In the response, the company wanted me to make some corrections on the design and size. However, after updated design, there was no response. 

During a couple of days, I was continuing to send my information to different companies and received another invitation for the interview. It was the Egg by Susan Lazar children clothing boutique in SoHo. I’ve met with the supervisor from the design department. We discussed the couple of my portfolio works, work experience, and skills knowledge. Afterward, I had the excursion through the offices and was introduced to the workers. In the end, we settled a day when I can start the internship. 

As a result, my applying for internship experience was successful. I’ve met professional and tolerated people who inspired me to move on and get out from the comfort zone. Internship process requires you to research, manage your time and information learn new possibilities, interests and come up with ideas.