6. Narrative

November 6th 2011. The day I took my first of over one-thousand food photographs on my Facebook page. I can recall this photograph being taken during my friend’s birthday celebration at a cliche American chain restaurant; Applebees. The dish was a partially eaten sauteed shrimp skewers over a messy bed of rice. This was also around the time of when I got my new I-Phone, so as a curious user, I captured a ton of photographs of whatever I could.

314690_2617699487270_2012153785_n

As I went on to take more and more photographs,I uploaded these images to my Facebook page. The 30 or so photographs later drastically increased to hundreds and over one-thousand. In the future, I plan on exceeding this amount and I might even need a second album.

Anthony Bourdain. Food critic, traveler, writer, author, eater and host of an action packed and intriguing television series No Reservations. Not only do I adore and try to emulate his style of writing, I absolutely love his down-to-earth attitude and honestly when criticizing new and different cuisines. Bourdain also grew up in New York City, and held almost every possible position in the restaurant business. Living and growing up in New York City, there is an endless possibility of new and unique foods always peeping up on the horizon. Well known eaters such as Anthony Bourdain play a quintessential role in the decision of what and where to eat.

Creative Commons From: Neeta Lind

Flickr Creative Commons
From: Neeta Lind

Linked here is Anthony Bourdain’s Tumblr page. Just give it a read and you’ll have a taste of his writing style and why he’s my foodie role model.