Street Food

Street meat. A New Yorkers worst nightmare, or a dream come true when you’re tight on cash and looking for something cheap to eat. Nestled at the corners of 53rd Street and 6th Avenue lies New York City’s best Halal Food cart (In my opinion).

The Halal Guys have been up and running for about 20 years now, and have been attracting hungry customers from all over the world ever since. What makes this cart different from all the other “street meat” carts all over the city, is its famous white sauce. It is believed to be a mixture of mayonnaise and yogurt, but no one really knows the real recipe behind it. Whatever it is, its truly delicious and I consider it to be the “crack-sauce” since its so addicting. The chicken and lamb platter with rice is the must get. The chicken is succulent, while the lamb is on tender side. All this goes over a bed of yellow rice and iceberg lettuce.

Also, this street cart is also famous, or infamous for it’s hot sauce. I myself, couldn’t finish the whole platter without the taste burning my mouth. A few drops of this deadly sauce can ruin your whole dish. This is believed to be one of the hottest hot sauces in the city (in my opinion).

The Halal Guys also cater to large parties, so if you’re planning on hosting a big event or a party, and would like this famous New York street-meat cart to be the center of attention at your event, please feel free to check out their website provided below.

Late night grubbing at home

Late night grubbing at home

The Halal Guys is the ideal place for broke college student, party go-ers and late night drunkies. Locations are now popping up across the city, and are open until 4am! Definitely hit this place up if you haven’t already. You won’t regret it.

They’re located at the SE and NW corners at 53rd and 6th, 6th Ave. between 52nd and 53rd Sts, and 14th Street and 2nd Avenue and in front of LaGuardia Community College in Queens. Feel free to check out their website here.