Week 9: Tempeh

Hello,everyone

My name is Younjoo Cho and I was chef for week 9.

Thank you to Professor Hoffman for presenting fresh, beautiful ingredients for us and demonstrating. Thank you to Caroline for helping us. Thanks for all my classmates who were making beautiful and delicious dishes.

I was chef, so I picked an article which is “Plant protein startups vie to tap china???s Hungry market” by Reuters from New York Times. I thought this article is very interesting. It’s tells how vegetarians and vegans grow fast and how they are impact to market. Also this article talked about fake meats and tempeh is one of fake meat which is main ingredient of this week!

We used two different types of tempeh that was Soy boy and Barry’s tempeh. Soy boy tempeh is more common than Barry’s tempeh. But Barry’s tempeh is unique and is has some good mold inside like blue cheese. It was fun to see and taste difference between two products. Thanks again professor!

CeiKar, Jodie and Fabiola- Stuffed Poblano Peppers, Mixed Rice, Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Tomato Sauce and Chard

Nelson and Yazmin- Glazed Maple and Mustard Tempeh strips with Kale and Sweet Potato Mash

Chef Caroline dish 

Donald and Julie- Tempeh Tacos with avocado Kiwi Salsa