Memo 2 – Kiara Camacho

New York City College of Technology, CUNY
Department of Hospitality Management
Janet Lefler Dining Room

MEMORANDUM

To: Professor Rosa Abreu, Director of Service
From: Kiara Camacho
Date: 09-17-2019

RE: New York Times Restaurant Review by Pete Wells

In this weeks article ā€œPeruvian Ceviche, Now with Plates and Chairsā€ By Pete Wells was about Peruā€™s famous dish Ceviche brought with a twist in our very own New York. As you may know I myself am Peruvian so it was such a pleasure to hear a great review on Mission Ceviche. They know have 2 locations and a third one that is now open. They started off as a section in Canal Street Market and evolved their way up to a actual dining restaurant.

Pete Wells describes the famous Peruvian delicacy ā€œCevicheā€ a raw firm and cold fish, cut up in dices, rested in a lime juice mix, that has yellow peruvian pepper, topped with rocoto chiles that Mr. Wells mentioned could’ve been a little lighter, The mixture is called ā€œLeche de Tigreā€ and was said to bring spice into oneā€™s sexual drive. This used to be plated in a plastic bowl, almost like a salad recycle bowl that upgraded to dining plates and dining silverware in their new restaurant. The menu contains more than just Ceviche though, they also have traditional Peruvian dishes like the Anticucho which is very similar to a shish kebab but made with grilled beef heart marinated with creamy rocoto sauce, alongside an Andean corn named Choclo. They keep things modern and even throw in shrimp anticucho with the peruvian spices for vegetarians. Mr wells ended it with describing another famous Peruvian delicacy Huancaina, that he compared to a queso dip.

After reading this review I would certainly continue to visit and dine in Mission Ceviche. Pete Wells has even inspired me to try more things on the menu Iā€™ve always been skeptical about trying. Iā€™m also very excited to check out their new restaurant, and to finally have somewhere to sit and enjoy ceviche.

ā€œProviding Over 70 Years of Quality Service to the Hospitality Industryā€

Author: Kiara Camacho

After graduating Brooklyn high school of the arts at 17 years old, and coming into New York City of Technology, I did have some goals in mind that I would like to bring in order to excel and achieve my goal in receiving my Hospitality Management Degree. The goals that I have in mind are building my communication skills, perfect my writing ability, and taking positive risks. The strengths that I bring are being well organized, managing my time properly, and my ability to adapt with new activities. Growing up in a large family household, Iā€™ve learned what it is to be a team player by sharing my own thoughts, and ideas. My personal attribute is self motivation, I believe that if I want something, I have to go get it myself, and would do any thing I can to help achieve my goals.