Blog Post Shania Romain

What I noticed in my groups’ reason on why we view education different is that we all share a similarity of bad environments and we all needed a push of motivation. In Neil’s piece, he explained how his environment was basically shitty. A shitty environment in most cases leads to a shitty outcome and I am a strong believer in that. When you live around people who are doing the wrong things and you’re growing up seeing that you ave two choices to choose the easy route or to choose something that gets you somewhere. Neil and I share being troublesome kids in school giving our parents and the teachers a hard time. Elayne’s and Rex’s pieces also talked about the environment. Rex felt discouraged to even come to school mainly because of social media. If you have folks around you and they are constantly talking about how they dread school you’re going to be so unmotivated and I am sure he was unmotivated when he couldn’t get into his dream college John Jay. Elayne talked about how shitty her school environment was and she exclaimed how the teachers didn’t really give a fuck and so she had to find her way . My peice was similar I gave up on my self after a while when I realized what I was good at, and then I became good at it until I got a rude awakening. In all we all needed the motivation to get us here now, whether it is me, my son or Neil, his teachers finally acknowledging him. We are all here for a reason.