Zijun Huang’s ePortfolio

Zijun Huang’s ePortfolio
This ePortfolio is OPEN.
Communication Design
Portfolio Description

Hello! My name is Zijun Huang and I am currently studying Communication Design at New York City College of Technology.
When I was a little girl I accidentally joined an online group chat that was about Editing pictures. This was how I started to get in touch with Photoshop. I was very happy at that time because we could discuss design and art. However, this was not how I discovered I should major in Communication Design. Last year I was still in another College and majored in Computer Science because Computer Science was very popular and I did not know what I interested in. While I was studying in Computer Science I also enrolled in a few Art classes in order to relax. I found that when I was doing my homework for my art classes, I felt more enjoyable, so I made a decision which was changed my major.
After I changed my major and transferred to city tech, I found that there are more tools and applications that I could use other than Photoshop. I learned some basic skills in how to use InDesign last semester, and our instructor also taught us typography. Typography was more interesting than I thought, it could carry emotions by how we design the outlook of the letters. Learning how to manipulate these applications to express things in my brain is fascinated.
I am interested in the field of advertising and photo editing. I am looking forward to see myself increase my skills and creativity so that I could express more thoughts and ideas to people.

Member Profile

Blog #16 Final Logo For WAC Program

Logo Drafts Logo Drafts After the last conversation with Osha, I was informed that they […] See MoreBlog #16 Final Logo For WAC Program

Blog #15 Webinar

The webinar I chose is “2021 Website Trends - What You Need to Know,” presented by TopSpot Int […] See MoreBlog #15 Webinar

Blog #14 Virtual Trip to Gordon Parks Exhibition

This week, I visited the Gordon Parks virtual exhibition, the Atmosphere of Crime. The Atmosphere […] See MoreBlog #14 Virtual Trip to Gordon Parks Exhibition

Thank you! See More

We were looking at your designs today. I really like the idea of "Ctrl C/V" with the "banned" sign. See More

Zijun, all three concepts are strong ideas. Now, we just need to do some more experimenting with […] See More