LAW1101&1103 Intro & Civil, FA2020

active 1 day, 4 hours ago
LAW1101&1103 Intro & Civil, FA2020
This Course Profile is PRIVATE, but the Course Site is OPEN to all visitors.
Law and Paralegal Studies
LAW 1101 & LAW 1103

LAW 1101, Introduction to Paralegal Studies, provides an overview of the legal system and the role of the legal assistant within that system. Topics include sources of law; legal terminology; operation of the court system at state and federal levels; respective roles of attorney, client and paralegal; legal ethics and the Code of Professional Responsibility, interviewing techniques; and a survey of specialized areas of law. LAW 1103, Civil Litigation and Procedure, addresses the theory and application of law and procedure in civil litigation with emphasis on New York State law. It focuses on the role of the paralegal in preparing for litigation, including an understanding of the court system, steps in the litigation process and their time lines, drafting legal documents, trial and post-trial topics, and an introduction to the use of the computer in litigation. Each course is three credits and requires CUNY proficiency in reading and writing as prerequisites. For 1101, English 1101 is corequisite; for 1103, LAW 1101 and ENG 1101 are pre- or co-requisites.

Megan Thee Stallion

Megan Thee Stallion : Why I speak up for Black Women By Megan Thee Stallion , New York Times , […] See MoreMegan Thee Stallion

WE WILL MEET TOMORROW! (Wed. Dec. 2, 11:30am)

Esteemed Students, I apologize again for the last-minute cancellation of yesterday's class!  I […] See MoreWE WILL MEET TOMORROW! (Wed. Dec. 2, 11:30am)

Update: No assignment today!

Esteemed Students, I'm still trying to get my laptop fixed so I can get back on Zoom!  I will […] See MoreUpdate: No assignment today!

Thanks Sherona, this is terrific! I really liked this article and was hoping someone would post […] See More

Thanks Sherona, you learned valuable lessons from Stedman's essay! I still tend to overuse […] See More

Thanks for this nice introduction, Samara! See More