HMGT2305-D448-28097

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• NY Times Restaurant Review (Gunter Seeger)

Daniela
    Participant

New York City College of Technology, CUNY
      Department of Hospitality Management

Janet Lefler Dining Room

Memorandum

To: Prof. Abreu, Director of service
    Date: September 29, 2016
    Re: NYT Restaurant Review 

Günter Seeger is a recent open up restaurant in the West Village. Seeger, the owner and chef, have a mentality of following his vision and keeping food simple with techniques to perfection. Günter Seeger is a very expensive restaurant which make it unattractive to new customers. When he starts his business he didn’t offer reservations, what he used to do was to charge $185 per person with service included. That method was not working for the business so, he decided to offer reservations but he will still charge $100 per person if you cancel reservation within 48 hours. That was very expensive, and at the end of the night you won’t know what exactly you get for that much money. 

The restaurant is an unattractive restaurant it self. It was not adorned, with just a white simple painting. The floor was uncarpeted, which guests can see the footsteps of the customer or the server. The dining room was also over showed by the kitchen, what makes customers some what uncomfortable. 

The food is a very quality food. The chef uses a deeply favor on the food with the season and his own personal style. According to Pete Wells, the food had a finesse that it will be exciting to find somewhere else, because the food was rare. Everything went well with his dinner, until he received that squash-blossom pesto which was overpowered and the fish was not fully cooked. 

This restaurant is expensive compare to the quality that they are giving to the customers. They are giving good food, but they food may not really cost all that money. I would only recommend this restaurant to high class people, people with money. I personality won’t go to this restaurant. If someone invite me and will pay for me I will go. Especially, to go and try their cheese course, which sound really amazing. I love cheese! 

Proving Over 65 Years of Quality Service to the Hospitality Industry

Derek Zhen
    Participant

nice

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Derek Zhen.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.