HMGT 2402, Wine & Beverage Management, Fall 2012

active 1 year, 8 months ago
Hospitality Management
2402

Historical introduction to fermented beverages throughout the world. Study of beverage making and tasting procedures, including jargon particular to the beverage trade. Basic understanding of geographic, historic, economic and cultural aspects of beverages. Wines – still, sparkling and fortified – are the focus of study. Beers, sake and spirits are introduced. Reinforcement of cost controls and legal responsibilities.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Prof. Karen Goodlad

Porto, The History Channel

View this video to learn more about the history and production of Port See MorePorto, The History Channel

Labels I had seen when I had visit an wine shop

I thought these labels were pretty cool. As an artist i seen it as each producer were telling […] See MoreLabels I had seen when I had visit an wine shop

Real or Fake, What do you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20265803 See MoreReal or Fake, What do you think?

Comment on "Erica’s Retail Wine Shop Analysis"

Great photos to support how organized the store really is. Providing such a wide range of options […] See MoreComment on "Erica’s Retail Wine Shop Analysis"

Comment on "Alina Almonte’s Retail Wine Shop Analysis"

I like that they highlight a list of top 12 wines. This list can help consumers who want to […] See MoreComment on "Alina Almonte’s Retail Wine Shop Analysis"

Study Guide, Port, Beer, AU, NZ, SA

The Study Guide is up but did not show up in my inbox so hopefully this reply to the post will allert you to the study guide. Prof. Goodlad See MoreStudy Guide, Port, Beer, AU, NZ, SA

Class, 11/8/12

Dear Students "Who Study Wine", I hope this message finds you, your family and your community safe, warm and ready to face the world stronger and better than ever. I am safe and I am warm but the past week has been difficult for my […] See MoreClass, 11/8/12