ENGL1101 NYC DREAMS, FA2018, C303/D303

active 4 years, 8 months ago
ENGL1101 NYC DREAMS, FA2018, C303/D303
English
1101

How would you describe New York? How does your own experience of New York City life compare to what is depicted in the media? Is New York really a place of opportunity? What does New York owe its citizens and non-citizens? What evidence can you present to support your claims? In this course, you will analyze textual, visual, musical, and digital representations of New York City culture and human experience. As a class, we will discuss and practice the interpretation of texts and other media, the formation of arguments, the utilization of academic research, and the proper citation and incorporation of evidence.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Sarah Jacobs

Community Aid to parents

Jennifer Jean Louis For this assignment, I tagged along with my mother to a community event […] See MoreCommunity Aid to parents

Local Non-Profit Organization

While coming across different nonprofits organizations, Achievement First caught my eye. This […] See MoreLocal Non-Profit Organization

GRYC

I interviewed GRYC (Greater Ridgewood Youth Council) I heard about it from a friend of mine that […] See MoreGRYC

Comment on "Assignments"

Isaiah Simon Prof. Jacobs English 1101 The “Advancing Human Rights” organization helps tho […] See MoreComment on "Assignments"

Comment on "Assignments"

FREE ARTS NYC is a charity that empowers undeserved youth through art and mentoring programs to […] See MoreComment on "Assignments"

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.

Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

Saira Guzman English 1101 October 18th, 2018 The organization I interviewed via email was the “Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program” that helps people with disabilities and peopl See MoreOffice of Temporary and Disability Assistance and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program