ENG1141 Sears FA2021

active 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
ENG1141 Sears FA2021
This Course Profile is OPEN and membership is by invitation only, but only logged-in OpenLab members may view the Course Site.
English
ENG1141

This introductory course aims to engage and help you develop your creative voice through discussions of craft and technique, readings aimed to build critical reading and workshopping skills, writing exercises, and discussion of language and style.

Participation Activity, Session 13: Brainstorming Plot

One summer, my sister and I went to Ecuador to get to know more about our parents’ families. This was our first ever visit to the country and we were by ourselves as our parents could not return at the time. My sister was 11, and I was 7 […] See MoreParticipation Activity, Session 13: Brainstorming Plot

Participation Activity, Session 7: Writing the Sestina

Words: - Supervisor - Day - Multitasker - Check - Job - 7pm Supervisor She starts her day with setting up the floor for the day Hardworking, organized, multitasker Although her job is to keep her staff in check Customer service is the […] See MoreParticipation Activity, Session 7: Writing the Sestina

Participation Activity, Session 4: Talking Back to Poetry

The quote I am choosing is from Mohamed Hassan-(un)LEARNING MY NAME where he states, “ I’m asked what my name is and I flinch. The jig is up, I am caught in a lie. Mohammed familiarity faith a little flicker behind the eyes isn't lit […] See MoreParticipation Activity, Session 4: Talking Back to Poetry