ENG1101 D377 English Composition I, FA2014

active 10 months, 2 weeks ago
English
ENG1101

City Tech’s ENG 1101 course prepares you for the kinds of communication, research, and literacy that you will use throughout your academic and professional careers. Furthermore, it develops students’ understanding, application, and critical awareness of two big ideas: 1) 1) Communication is rhetorical, and 2) Communication is multimodal, or WOVEN (written, oral, visual, electronic, and nonverbal). Through a series of process-driven projects, some of which are individually based and others collaborative, you will gain a deeper understanding of effective and persuasive communication techniques while developing your critical thinking skills and multiple literacies.

Each ENG 1101 class is unique, because while each one has the same basic outcomes, each is taught by an instructor with his or her own research and pedagogical approach. In our class, we will use the interdisciplinary field of the neurosciences as a way to focus our conversations and projects. Of course, communication is about the transference of information via the senses and processed by each audience member’s brain. In addition, the brain and its embodied perception systems define how we are most receptive to receiving communications, thinking about communications, and being persuaded by communications. If we understand how the brain/body works, we can apply this knowledge to being more effective communicators and successful professionals.

Exploring City Tech's Computer Engineering and a Career in Computer Engineering by Christian Ross

Welcome. My name is Christian Ross, and I am a freshman at New York City College of Technology […] See MoreExploring City Tech's Computer Engineering and a Career in Computer Engineering by Christian Ross

Exploring John Jay’s Criminal Justice Management at John Jay and a Career in Criminal Justice by Elvin Shikder

My name is Elvin and I am a freshmen at New York City College Of Technology. My current major […] See MoreExploring John Jay’s Criminal Justice Management at John Jay and a Career in Criminal Justice by Elvin Shikder

Exploring City Tech’s Commucation Design at City Tech and a Career in Graphic Arts by Karen Rodriguez

Karen Rodriguez ENG 1101 Project 2: Using Your Brain Thinking back to my childhood, when […] See MoreExploring City Tech’s Commucation Design at City Tech and a Career in Graphic Arts by Karen Rodriguez

In the chapter the future of story, Jonathan Gottschall talks about fiction changes our daily […] See More

In this chapter of The Storytelling Animal by Jonathan Gottschall, we read the future of story. […] See More

In this chapter of the story telling animal, we get to dive into the future of story. We begin to […] See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.