ENG 2003 Introduction to Poetry D535 Fall 2018

active 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
English
ENG 2003

Reading poetry is like being a detective. Sights and sounds work together to enhance meaning and create ambiguity. Students will work in small groups, individually, through research, and presentations to understand the variety of poetic forms available to poets. We will examine the choices a poet makes, and consider why he or she makes them. We will also discuss the value of poetry in today’s world.

Hammerhead

Part of Speech- Noun Definition: another way or term for hamerkop; a brown African marshbird […] See MoreHammerhead

Reclamation

Part of Speech- Noun Source: Dictionary.com Definition:  the act or process of […] See MoreReclamation

Cadence

Cadence Part of Speech: noun Definition: a rhythmic sequence or flow of sounds in language […] See MoreCadence

Your blog was very descriptive and I liked how you mentioned her accomplishments in life and all […] See More

Margaret Atwood's one of my favorite poems, I like how you described her accomplishments […] See More

Your blog gives a lot of details on Alicia Ostriker's life and career. I like how you mention her […] See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.