ENG 1101 — LC53 — YASSS…..A Course as Bold as You!, Spring 2019

active 4 years, 7 months ago
ENG 1101 -- LC53 -- YASSS.....A Course as Bold as You!, Spring 2019
English
ENG 1101
Spring 2019

We invite you to join us on a journey of discovering your dopest self through psychology and writing. In this course, you will learn how to examine, articulate, and shape your identity as a consumer and producer of knowledge by exercising psychological and rhetorical principles. You will develop a framework for understanding thoughts, feelings, actions, and communication as they are shaped by biological, social, and cultural forces. By the end of this learning community, you will understand how and why it is essential to connect, coexist, and learn from bold other selves who are different than you in our language-using, communication-based world. Oh, and you will learn to slay as you do it.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Patrick Corbett

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 2 times; view clone(s).

This I Believe

What language is to me is a way to communicate,express, and show how ones true self is. It is not […] See MoreThis I Believe

This I believe

I don't have much beliefs about language, although there is a lot that I don't believe. I don't […] See MoreThis I believe

This I believe

Language is a tool of communication, a way to express ourselves. Language may also a carrier, it […] See MoreThis I believe

Comment on "This I Believe (About Language)"

Language is a distinction yet something that brings us together. I have two separate definitions […] See MoreComment on "This I Believe (About Language)"

Language is a tool of communication, a way to express ourselves. Language may also a carrier, it […] See MoreComment on "This I Believe (About Language)"

Kyrie Irving once said "basketball isn't just a game, it's an art form". I let that sink in for a […] See MoreComment on "This I Believe (About Language)"

This I Believe

I believe language is something everyone should know. Of course you're probably wondering who doesn't know what language is. It's the way we communicate. We speak to each other, we express ourselves. A lot of us don't know how to how […] See MoreThis I Believe

This I Believe

What language is to me is a way to communicate,express, and show how ones true self is. It is not a way to just write powerful speeches, it is not just a way to write very well known books. It is a way to show that you can be a very big […] See MoreThis I Believe

This I believe

Language is a connection. A connection between myself and others. It identifies us as a people, as a group. There are people from all over the world, with different cultures, different ethnicities, and different languages. It is […] See MoreThis I believe

This I Believe (Tuesday 5th, 2019 classwork) Durell C. Webb Jr

Language is you, you as a person is language. Language gives us purpose, it gives us a voice to speak to whom we communicate with. Human beings, were sculpted by our ancestors, who gave us both a blessing and a curse. Language can be learned, but See MoreThis I Believe (Tuesday 5th, 2019 classwork) Durell C. Webb Jr