Discover

Research and recreation of hieroglyphs, logo design and Flag design. , 

s

Define stage 1– Mind map

I’ve created a personal mind map that encompasses my likes, interests, personal attributes, qualities, and outside affiliations.

mindmap

Define stage 2–  Sketches

From my mind map, I’ve selected five words that truly represent who I am and my primary interests: cats, plants, travel, religion, and sport. I’ve draw various icons that resemble the essence of each of these words.

mindmap2

Define stage 3–  Illustrator

Choosing the theme of travel from my sketches and mind map, I incorporated it into my personal flag. To capture the essence of travel, I broke it down into photography, creating a design that coherently tells a story while maintaining a connection between the 2 elements. I created 5 thumbnails for the flag design, incorporating both a camera to represent photography and a plane representing  travel. Traveling holds great importance in my life; I prioritize it over many things. I make it a point to take breaks from work and social commitments to dedicate time to myself.

Temp

Develop- Colors

From my thumbnails, I selected 2 to 3 designs and applied various color palettes to them and experimented with complementary colors and combinations that I believed blend well together. 

Example of color
o

Deliver: Final Personal Flag

After creating several thumbnails and exploring different color palettes, I chose this as my final personal flag design. I went for a simple background to complement the vibrant hue in the center. I incorporated a gradient of green, red, and yellow to represent the sunset and grass (trees), with blue symbolizing the sky. I also incorporated a darker beige shade above and around the mountain to give the appearance of snow. 

Color Palette

color