Discover: In this project of Mood of Landscapes, we first did a exercise of taking a photo of our hand. To identify the value, and different of lights and darks of the hands, and shading. While we did a practice on a sheet of paper another exercise where we shade with a charcoal pencil to start with light and dark colors.

Define: I had to practice on a sheet of paper how to shade some squares with different pencils to identify the differences between the dark shadings and light shadings. This was a help to know how to shade a square or any drawing and to know where to put it darker to light.

Develop: I took a picture of the landscape of a lake in central park. The image was size 9×12. I use a .2 or .5 pencil to able to trace the image in a tracing pad to identify were the colors white and black it was going to be. When I finished the tracing part, I had to trace it again in the Bristol pad to able to able to paint it in black and white. I can say that when I was tracing the image to a clear paper it was challenging, because it had a lot of details that I had to trace from clouds, to, trees and to trees to water. While in that process I had to find a easy way to trace it to the Bristol pad it was not easy, but I got it right.

When I finished tracing it, I started painting in the part bottom I put black the leaves and put white on it to it can pop out. The clouds were a little challenging because I could not know to paint them. Then I realize I put a lot of effort to make them look like clouds that they did not came out as I expected. In the water it was a combination of the grays, black and whites with the big plants I trace. I also wanted to put some white in some leaves that can pop out to, because right there in the original photo you can see that is white.

I can say that this process was not that easy because it was a little challenging were to put the grays, blacks and white while painting it. They were almost all together.