A white paper with red yellow and blue squares Description automatically generated

There were two parts to this project. First part required me to make a color wheel using a 11″ by 14″ bristol pad and primary colors. Each of the four squares measures 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches. Every other square is one inch by one inch. There’re 16 squares total.

A group of squares in a circle Description automatically generated

Red, yellow, and blue are the primary colors used to build the color wheel; and the primary colors were mixed in order to create the complimentary colors.

A white board with different colors Description automatically generated

Making complementary and saturated palettes was the second stage of the project. Create three rectangular forms on Bristol 11 x 14 by measuring 1 x 1.250 inches, then trim to 14 x 7 inches.

A group of squares of different colorsDescription automatically generated

Complimentary and Saturated Colors- 6 types of complementary & mix both to reveal the middle color.

A white board with orange and white squaresDescription automatically generated

Analogous, Monochromatic, Triad, and split complimentary; for each created 5 rectangular shapes 1″ x 1.250″ on Bristol 14″ x 7″ (trimmed 11″X14″ Bristol)

A group of colors on a white surfaceDescription automatically generated

Split complimentary, Triad, Monochromatic and Analogous.

This project required some persistence. However, I got a lot of knowledge about mixing colors to make new ones. I also learned that when you mix two complementary hues, if there is any red, the mixed color would be brown; if there is blue in the complementary hues, the mixed color turn into an olive brown. I used primary colors by Winsor Newton; they are highly pigmented, and little goes long way. Replicating the same colors and making sure the hue was vivid on the color wheel were some of the things I found difficult. At the end of the project I  attempted to use the tapping approach to achieve the perfect line.