Visual Quote Project

GCompitello_Visual Quote presentation

Gcompitello_Visual Quote

My visual quote “This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time.” is from the novel/film Fight Club. The quote comes from the main character Tyler Durden. Brad Pitt portrays Durden in the film. I love this quote personally because Fight Club is my favourite movie. One of the many reasons why I love Fight club is all the memorable lines. I chose to make the quote take up Brad Pitt’s face. I used a mask layer to cover Brad pitts with the quote.

Here’s a Tutorial I used to learn how to make a typographic face: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWmKZA1Hk8Y

Fight quote 3

Fight quote 3

I decided to go simple with this one, I downloaded a image of brad pitt from fight club and pretty much used text on a path over Brad Pitt and continued the quote under Brad Pitt.

Fight Club quote

Fight Club quote

For this design, I decided to only use Type to show the concept of my quote.  So I decided to make my quote in a grunge lyric style. I manipulated Time in my quote by making it larger and red to pop out to the viewer. The word Time is a real standout from this quote, so I wanted it to be the first thing the viewer sees.