• Inevitable
  • Fetid
  • Hybrid
  • Disdain
  • Commensurate
  • Analytical
  • Hindsight
  • Taciturn
  • Misogyny
  • Gallantry
  •  Inquire
  • Aflutter
  • Cumbersome

Glossary assignments changed my way of reading forever. When we first started doing these assignments I couldn’t help but complain. I believed it would be a waste of time. Locating words I did do know the meaning to. Defining them and writing  a paragraph about them explaining what they meant. Through life Ive been used to ignoring unfamiliar words and continuing my reading. But after doing multiple of these assignments. I would no longer ignore words I had never seen before. I would look up the definition and try to use the clues given within the actual sentence to help guide my understanding. As well as, this method has helped expand my vocabulary. Now anywhere I see one of these words, I remember what they mean. For instance, when seeing the word “aflutter” I immediately know it means being nervously excited. Or when  seeing the word “fetid” means a horrible smell. I plan to continue using this method as much as I can. This can really help me out throughout the rest of my college years and even beyond that. Me wanting to major in sports journalism will require similar strategies for me to understand new terms. These glossary assignments have also helped improve my coordination with classmates a lot. The beauty of it is that while my classmates shared words they did not comprehend, I could read their glossaries and grow my vocabulary even further.  They could also do the same with the ones I posted. So in a way we were all learning from each other. I would recommend other college students to try this. Even though it seems like a lot of work the greater outcome is really worth it.