Taciturn

According to Merriam-Webster, taciturn is described as being temperamentally disinclined to talk. The word taciturn is described as an adjective. It is used to describe someone. On October 23rd, 2018, I came upon this word in the text entitled, “Allowing Teenage Boys to Love Their Friends” by Jan Hoffman. It states on page two, “Indeed, the shutting down of those relationships is part of what turns boys into taciturn, emotionally disconnected men, Dr. Way said. She herself has four best friends — three women and one man.” When I read the word I was unsure of the meaning in terms of the article. I was not sure what it was trying to say. The term taciturn to me meant a mechanism meaning, it was a mechanism or trait men carry which makes them emotionally disconnected. I see the meaning of the word better now because men feel as if they cannot talk to other so it causes them to behave in a manner of not speaking. They do not feel inclined to speak to one another because that is the society norms.