Occupy Wall Street..

Up until now the whole Wall Street protest was a bit hazy to me. I didn’t understand what or why these people were protesting. I myself became interested in this subject matter after our Tuesday’s class. We listened to This American Life. org and heard some stories of what really went down with wall street bankers. I had no idea that it was so bad, bankers selling loans that shouldn’t have been granted in the first place. I couldn’t believe that these bankers were giving money to people that shouldn’t have been granted such loans. Who would have known that what they wanted in the first place. They wanted to give out mortgages to people with no steady financial income and when these people tried to pay back their loans they couldn’t. These loans had such high rates that bankers wound up taking everything. After they sold it all only a few months in. It a horror to think how greedy these bankers and investors are. Now its easier to understand why these people are protesting they just want some answers. I don’t think they are going to stop either, not until they get what they came for.

This entry was posted in Student Post and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.