ENGL 1101: Fire, Disease, Disaster: Catastrophe and the Shaping of Public Space

active 5 years, 11 months ago
English
1101

This course is part of a project at the Brooklyn Historical Society called SAFA: Students and Faculty in the archives. In this course, which is also part of a learning community with two architecture courses, students will explore the ways in which fire, disease, and catastrophe have shaped public space in New York City from the 18th century to the present day.

Fire's Wrath

Prof. Gold ENG 1101 City Tech Fall 2011 Joshua […] See MoreFire's Wrath

Learning from the past

Isaías Garcia Final Project English 1101- Prof. Gold 12/20/11     History can […] See MoreLearning from the past

Exploring the Past

Wandrille B. Prof. Gold. My first semester of College was a very interesting time for me, I […] See MoreExploring the Past

4. Please include images/video as described in the assignment. 5. Please include a text found […] See More

Thanks, Horacio. Please edit the post in the following ways: 1. Remove your full name; just […] See More

Also, please give your post a title. See More

Last BHS Visit

In our final visit to the BHS, which overall I have to admit has been a vision broadening experience as a beginner architecture student; we begin in the same way as we had done in the past. My group and I, explored through a manuscript […] See MoreLast BHS Visit

Brooklyn historical society assignment due for tuesday november 8th.

Last week, the map that struck me as the most interesting, was the map of the sewers; I will describe how we used it and interpreted it. We first noticed that the document was hand drawn and as architectural students, where able to […] See MoreBrooklyn historical society assignment due for tuesday november 8th.

brooklyn historical soviety

Once again our class visited the Brooklyn historical society building in search of answers. Together with professor Gold and the librarians we came up with methods of search. We brainstormed strategies of search that would make our […] See Morebrooklyn historical soviety