Please see attached and instructions.
Executive Summary – Center for Integrative Environmental Research
Please read for Wed. Nov. 26 (pgs. 3 – 12)
1. Please read for Wed. Nov.19
Green Jobs Survey_US Green Bldg Council (Pages 1 -11)
2. New York City Green Jobs Survey newyorkcity_green jobs survey_NYSDOL
3. Powerpooint – Labor market and green jobs Week 11_labor market and green jobs
Group discussion/assignment questions – Nov. 19 Group project_Building for the Next Big Storm_11-19-14
This will be counted as an extra credit assignment; if you already completed, then the extra credit has been applied. If you wish this to be counted as an extra credit assignment, then please complete by Dec. 3.
1. “The GDP Myth: Why ‘growth’ isn’t always a good thing” The Washington Monthly, 1999
2.”Greening the Gross Domestic Product” Garrett C. Groves and Michael E. Webber.
3. “The Non-market benefits of nature,” James Boyd. The Nonmarket bebefits of nature
PowerPoint presentation by Prof. P. Her; Oct. 1.Environmental Econ Presentation
Please view and be prepared to discuss on October 29.
- Brooklyn Grange Farm: sustainable resource use of urban space and its benefits http://www.growingagreenerworld.com/episode322/
Please read chapter 2 of the following article for Wed. Oct 22 (pgs. 8 – 16) climate_food_commission-final-mar2012
Then look through the rest of the article where specific recommendations for change are made.
Click on Links to Posts and Readings on main page menu and enter your thoughts there.
Please read the attached article, “Sustainable development and tourism destination management: A case study of the Lillemammer region, Norway,” and come prepared to discuss the questions that follow in class on Oct. 15.Sustainable Development Lillehammer
1. What are some of the benefits (positive impacts) that tourism can provide to communities?
2. What are some of the costs (negative impacts) of tourism?
3. How can the good impacts be maximized and the bad minimized so that the local community benefits more from tourism?
4. How can the local community participate more in tourism development?