Cut List/Lumber Order 2
Make a lumber order and cut lists from drawing CL-2. Include a cut list for every platform, leg and step unit, and make a list of the lumber that would need to purchase to build these pieces. Include all the information necessary to make sure that you get the materials you want.
Plate CL-2 only shows the structural platforms, but you must account for a finished paint surface on top of these platforms. You must also choose which style of leg or support structure to build, and include those parts in your cut lists and materials order.
Checklist for your reference:
Turn in the following on Nov. 25
- Your copy of CL-2 with any notes you have made on it
- Construction drawings for the deck, on one or more 18”x24” plates
- Include drawings of the legs or stud walls
- Construction drawings of the layout of your paint surface
- Construction drawings of your step unit.
- A cut list sheet for each platform, leg, group of identical platforms, or step unit
- A .pdf of the cut list sheet and plate CL-2 are available on Openlab.
- A typed lumber order for all of the materials necessary to complete the project.
- Show your work.
- Be sure to include materials for the finished paint surface on top of the platforms
- Do not include tools, but do include fasteners
You will be graded on the completeness and accuracy of your work. These documents would be shown to other carpenters in the shop working on this project, so they must be legible. Neatness counts.