The incident that changed my views on education

The incident that changed my views on education would be the coronavirus of 2020. It seemed like it came out of nowhere and everything just got shut down and we were all put into what was supposed to be a short-lived quarantine. The regular school became a thing of the past and online was the only option. Obviously, at first, I was stoked about just being home and not having to leave my house every morning for school. Being able to relax during classes and not have to take them seriously because the teachers were very lenient when it came to handing in work late or having incomplete assignments. The google meets would be filled with students that were either not paying attention or sleeping, myself included. It seemed so convenient and easy for the first month or so, and then the next year was all online. It was the same as the year prior except more organized. But I began to miss what I had taken for granted, which was in-person classes and my peers. Online learning was an experience that I did not want for my last years of high school. I used to think that school was a boring place to be but it is most definitely better than being at home for 2 years doing school. I had in-person classes every Tuesday but it just wasn’t the same. There were barely any students in the building and the classes would still be online. The coronavirus changed my views on education because it made me appreciate classes in person and not take them for granted.