Rewind, Re-Envision, & Reflect

There are countless genres from which you might select for your final project. Below is a partial list, but feel free to think outside the box!

Potential genres: Journal entry, comic strip, personal letter, movie review, biographical excerpt, encyclopedia article, how-to guide, scene from a movie or play, fairy tale, talk show interview, picture book, local news report, obituary, tabloid article, recipe, newspaper article…

You will want to think specifically and purposefully about the genre you select for your re-envisioning. Think about what makes sense given the content of your original ENG 1101 assignment.

Below, write 2-3 potential genres you might consider for your re-envisioned text.

1.___________________ 2. ___________________ 3. ___________________

For each of the genres you wrote above, think about what you see as connections between the genre and the content of your original ENG 1101 text. Write your thoughts as comments and then we will discuss them together.

11 Replies to “Rewind, Re-Envision, & Reflect”

1. For my “final project” I think I’ll write either a how-to guide or a tabloid article. Growing up I remember reading cheesy “how to survive *insert school year here*” when I felt like school was to difficult. It will almost feel full circle to then write a “how to” on navigating a school system that may be a bit troublesome. The reason I choose a tabloid article instead of a newspaper article is because newspaper writing is more formal than tabloid and I would like to express more emotion than facts in my writing.

2. 1. Video 2. Song 3. Interview

I think the main reason I chose these 3 genres is because of my connection to not only them but to my topic. I think that if I choose one of the things I love to relay a topic I connect with it will show full expression and therefore be true art.

3. For my educational narrative I would want to do something along the lines of maybe scary because I like horror. I just don’t know how to make it not a cliche. Also to make it scary enough so people know that the intent was to be scary and hopefully not confuse. Another genre that I would possibly use for my narrative would be fiction. I would use the overall theme of my narrative as my base for the story and maybe add some things.

4. For unit 3 I would most likely write a journal entry, which I would write based on my own experiences from a topic I wrote in my RAB. Almost like a story of my experiences.
    Something I could also write about is a personal letter teaching myself based on the experiences and knowledge gained.
    I could talk about the ups and downs that made me who I am today.
    Kind of like a reflection.

5. For my final project, I will porbablly choose

story or short movies

I do love read books and short stories, espically fiction books, and beacuse of reading a lot of stories, i do have the interest of wirte little stories. I will make the story goes reverse way, like happy ending turn to sad ending or change character’s personality

6. For my final draft i will be either doing a journal entry or a fictional dramatic story of a kids journey through school while not being able to speak its native language. Basically a story of a kid who has landed in new territory and is forced to adapt. Kinda what I went through growing up in America. Im going to explain the experiences that he went through.

7. encyclopedia article, newspaper article, local news report.
    Out of all of these, I will most likely choose the local newspaper article because it would go hand in hand with the research paper. Basically giving out information and educating people on things they may have not known because my topic was about the transference of education in the real world.

8. For my assignment I was thinking about doing a Newspaper Article and explain how stress is affecting the students at City tech. I could also do a personal letter to a fictional principal explaining my experiences with mental health/stress and explain how school is adding towards it, or I could also do a talk show interview from both the POV of the interviewer and the student.

9. I was thinking about doing a newspaper article explaining how Students are being affected by stress at City tech. I could also do a talk show interview from the POV of the interviewer and the student, another thing to do is a personal letter from me to a fictional principal speaking about how the school environment is affecting my stress and mental health.