1. This semesterā€™s English class has taught me so much about myself as a reader, writer, and scholar. I noticed extreme growth in my writing and reading skills compared to what it was coming into this class.
  • Reader: My reading skill has enhanced from merely reading to find the standard authorā€™s purpose, literary devices, genre, and overall meaning of said writing to reading to understand the author’s writing style such as word choice, sentence structure, and the flow of ideas and information. Deeply looking at a piece of writing to understand the author thought process and identify some of the characteristics of their writing that you could use in your own to make it better.
  • Writer: Prior to this class when writing for school I would do the bare minimum barely meeting the requirements for an assignment. And most times my writing would have missing patches of ideas or some ideas that need more clarification so the flow of ideas in my writing would be all over the place. However, while writing for this class I notice that my writing style has changed. Now I tend to complete ideas and when I feel as though I have not explained one enough I overexplain to make sure my audience is not confused.
  • Scholar:Ā Ā As a scholar, I learned that I have a strong work ethic.
  1. I will be able to use what I have learned this term by
  2. My least favorite assignment was Unit 3 ā€œWriting in a New Genreā€. I found it very hard to choose a different genre that was not only best for my research but also for me.
  3. Some notable lessons that stuck with me after completing certain assignments are how to write a proper research paper (how to properly quote and cite sources), how to find sufficient sources that do not only support your predetermined ideas about your topic, and how one genre could form many different ones. Lastly, how to gather sufficient information that will make your writing beneficial to your audience.