I read some books occasionally. Especially when I do not have anything to do and when Iā€™m bored. Reading a few books has helped me ā€œnavigateā€ a specific genre that is satisfying. According to Kenny Dirk, genre is basically defined by analyzing the form in which it was delivered. For example, when weā€™re reading a book and it states some information about a spirit or a ghost, we automatically presume that itā€™s going to be a horror genre. Although, one doesnā€™t seem to analyze the voice of that specific ghost. That ghost could be a voice toward a common issue in America. The point I am trying to make here is that genre is rooted from something more deep than what it has been defined as for years. So, after analyzing Kenny Dirkā€™s article, Iā€™ve come to a conclusion that I would know the genre of thesis statement well as I was taught to refer back to my thesis statement in my writing. I learned this genre in my EH 101 class and there are many common rhetorical features within this genre such as ethos, logos, pathos, narration, description, and so many other features you could add. If I apply the same concept as Kenny Dirk, I think other examples of ā€œgenresā€ could be common knowledge or experience.Ā 

Kenny Dirk is trying to send a message that having knowledge of the wide spectrum of ā€œgenreā€ can help a writer work with more complex tactics rather than knowing the basic knowledge of ā€œgenreā€. I think that the genre of thesis statements will still help me in the long run and give me good information for Unit 2. The fact that the genre of a thesis statement can be relevant to a broad topic of choice is something particular that could make it a good potential source for my future topics. I think relegating my different choices of topics with my thesis statement can make my delivery and message more powerful.