I still Remember During my sophomore year in High School it was a spring semester in the afternoon, I did so bad on my writing exams that my English teacher wrote me a letter for me to go to a tutoring center in the school. So everything Jump back to before we even start taking the exam, we have to read this book and were assigned homework to it. And we usually get a small reading quiz the next day when we attend class so the teacher can see which students read and who didn’t read. so I normally never submits the quiz up because I know I will get a zero either way because I didn’t read the assigned pages. I just know that reading books will make me feel overwhelmed so that’s the main reason that I never read. And to the point when we had a writing exam In class, I felt so lost that I look at the students around me writing nonstop. At that point my head felt so empty and questioned myself Why didn’t I read the book. When the test were all graded and handed back to us, all I hear is students asking and exchanging their exams with other students asking what they got on the test. When I looked at my grade on the exam, I couldn’t say much because I didn’t do what I was assigned to do. I received my exam and a tutoring center paper attached to it saying I need to go check out the tutoring center during my free period which is my lunch period or after school, and its mandatory to go or else I wouldn’t be able to pass this course for this semester. So it gets serious that I have to take actions to account this, right after my English class ended I have lunch afterwards. So I went to look for this tutoring center room on the second floor of the building and I showed them the paper that I needed to come here everyday on my free period. Then they assigned me a specific teacher to help me throughout the semester, and If I don’t Improve well enough I will have to keep coming here every semester until I get better at my grammar and sentence structure because that’s what I needed to help with most. At first I was feeling very overwhelming because of the fact that I have to show up here every single day on my free period which is my lunch period. I usually spend my lunch period doing other classes homework and study for a little more for test before next class begins. So if I have to come here every single day I won’t have a free period to do stuff or to take a break from. The teacher in the tutoring center said that I can go to the cafeteria to get lunch and eat it up here while we do our lessons. It started bad in the beginning because I was skipping days that I didn’t want to come and I was getting a whole lecture by my English teacher saying If you decide to skip again you’re not going to pass this class for this semester, So I didn’t have a choice but go. As time goes on It wasn’t as bad as expected to be, because the tutoring teacher was so nice that she brings lunch for me so I don’t have to waste time going down to the cafeteria and get food. And honestly I’ve had a lot of fun while learning and till this point I still remembered everything and If I can get to choose again I would go there every single day because that teacher was treating me so nicely unlike other teacher.

Another experience I had in Highschool was my U.S history class, this happened in spring semester of my Junior Year of High School. On the previous fall semester I had another teacher for U.S history, but I couldn’t understand what they were teaching and I just thought I wont be able to pass my regents for U.S. history In June. But everything changed after the spring semester came, I had another teacher for U.S history and I heard about people saying he is a really strict teacher and how hard it is to pass his class or do anything in his class. So I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to do well In his class as well, and even more worried about my regents In June which is a few months from January.  This teacher talks really loud and tells instructions really clearly, because he used to serve in the military as a tank officer. I think that is the reason why he treats us strict because he looked at us like his soldiers. You can skip his class or walk out of his class all you want or even be distracted on your phone, but you have to take your responsibility on doing these things because he is not going to repeat or make up your absences. He assigns Home work everyday on the website and you have to print them out yourself everyday and do them. He is not going to print them out for you like other teachers are doing in High school. Is is your own responsibility to have your homework done and prepared for the next class because we will discuss it in class and If you don’t have it then You won’t be able to participate in the class discussions. Overall I like this teacher because he Changed the way I look at things , and even motivated me to be an even better students. He taught us that no one Is going to be on your back watching out for you, you always have to be prepare at all time, If you’re not prepared In war then you wouldn’t be able to survive and will get eliminated. I was not the type of students to do well in class and do homework or study for my test until I had this teacher for the semester. I tried to be more discipline today to Improve myself every day and I know we always have that day off and doesn’t feel like doing anything for the day but laying down and sleep, but time doesn’t stop for us. We have to keep going and working because We have to keep up with ourselves and compete with yourselves everyday to Improve.