Around 2:30 pm. I had to go to my history class to give my speech that counted as a project grade. But there were different ways to do this project. And as it turns out I was the only person in my grade to give a speech. Now that in mind, as everyone presented their projects, I was the very last one to go and present. I could hear the traffic outside of the window as I started to go to the front of the class by the smartboard. As I commenced walking I could feel the pressure all over my body, my legs were shaking, I started sweating and in the palms of my hands, I was nervous. Before class, around lunchtime, my bestie was gassing everyone about my speech. Now, as everyone heard I created a speech, every single one of my friends was itching to hear what I have to say. So basically my essay was about nicotine. Explaining how smoking is bad for your health and how big companies were aiming them at young teens. Which as a result affected the economy and sociality as a whole. Once I started opening my mouth, that’s where I felt the explosion inside of my body. My lungs started to bust. Causing an increased pressure of carbon dioxide to come out. Straightaway if there was a plant or flower close to me then that plant or flower would have appreciated the amount of carbon dioxide I was exhaling. I started to look down at my paper where my speech was. All I saw were just words. Just plain words that for some reason I forgot how to speak. Instead of words flowing out of my mouth, it turns out I had a panic attack which, keep in mind panic attacks comes in different forms. Just instead of having a normal panic attack, I started to laugh hysterically.  Every attempt of saying anything I started to laugh. Knowing that this was a serious topic, normally people giving their speech, usually have a sincere tone. While I was just laughing while giving my speech. That’s where everything started to go into chaos. The whole class including the teacher started to laugh, which caused the whole 3rd floor to hear. The students from other classes decided to come to witness what was happening in that history class. We had unexpected guests come and witness my speech and that’s where for the past couple of days everyone wouldn’t stop talking about my wonderful speech. Well, at least I got a 95 on it while causing a ruthless contiguous laugh across the 3rd floor. Throughout this whole scenario, I have learned that this experience shaped me into who I became the thinker that I am today. It made me realize it shaped the relationship that I had back in high school and how this particular experience relates to Standard Written English (SWE). You might ask what is Standard Written English, while keeping it short and sweet it’s tools that help you write, such as checking for punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc. All of this has helped me enabled me to understand something specific about writing and reading since this has helped me to give my speech in the 9th grade.

Another experience, that had a significant event that impacted my view on education was when I had to apply for a job. It was a nice windy summer. I remembered as it was yesterday, my dad recently got a new job in landscaping. During that time I was in 11th grade going for my senior year. I was currently job hunting. I had applied for an ice cream shop and I didn’t really like the experience to was hella boring, the pay was small and the hours were short. As a result, I quit that job and went on trying to find a new job. Luckily my amazing father hooked me up with his job. Now mind you, I did have some small experience in landscaping all thanks to my dad. That’s because my dad helped around the neighborhood since he was the go-to guy when it comes to gardening. Also, because my dad loves his garden, and when I was un chamaquito, he taught me everything about gardening. While observing and watching and helping my dad as his little helper, that is what got me the job, not the fact that my dad put a good word for me for my future boss. Then, I got a call from my future boss, instantly my heart started to pound as loud as popcorn is popping as a sign that is ready to be eaten and consumed into someone’s stomach. Alright, back to the important phone call. The phone was ringing and my palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. I’m nervous, but on the surface, he looks calm and ready. As my mom blasts her speaker of Eminem. Thanks, Eminem for the wonderful and inspiring words. I quickly answered with no hesitation. Once I started having friendly conservation with my future boss. I started off by telling him what I am good at and what I can do if he shows me the way of this new world of landscaping. He saw the confidence and determination I have for the job opportunity he might give me. He told me that I got the job and that if I am truly my dad’s son then I have already gotten a seat reserved with my name on it. The very next day I walked with confidence to make not only my boss proud of me but most important my dad. I wanted to show him that I have what it talks and I wanted to show him that I am ready to be responsible for myself and that I don’t need to depend on them. Already, I was trying to impress them cuz you know, first impressions are important. Moreover, I was trying to make name for myself and to show who I am. And it worked, I had never worked this hard in my life. It made me realize how much it takes to make some form of money in this country. How much my dad sacrificed just so we can food on the plate. From that day, I became more responsible with my money and always be grateful to have a job. For the past couple of weeks, my boss was surprised by how much I had done recently and he was truly happy with the progress we made. Next came Saturday, PAYDAY!!! Not gonna lie I was curious to see how much I made during this one week. Mind you, I worked for 4 days and once I got my envelope I opened it and inside it was telling me to wait and open once I get to a place a bit more secure. As I got home the next I know I booked it straight to my room. I tire that poor envelope into tiny little ants. And then that’s where I saw it. I made $640 straight cash. No check so no IRS stealing money. That’s where I started to see one teardrop. I finally made my own money. I worked ass off, with all my sweat and hard work I made my first ever money. Will next day I went to the pet store and that’s where I found my son Junior the Hamster. I got him on August 9th and today it’s February 17th, so in a couple of months, he’s gonna be 3 years old. All over, I have learned that this experience shaped me into who I became the thinker that I am today. It made me realize it shaped the relationship that I had back in high school and how this particular experience relates to Standard Written English (SWE). You might ask what is Standard Written English, while keeping it short and sweet it’s tools that help you write, such as checking for punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc. All of this has helped me enabled me to understand something specific about writing and reading since this has helped me to give my speech in the 9th grade.