A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Bunn Assignment

In the article, “How to read like a writer”, by Mike Bunn, he writes, “You are already an author.” This quote means that whenever anyone writes a body of text, they become an author. However, the only difference is that some are better at writing than others. I have wrote many things and still write that make me an author. These include essays, articles, poems, emails, texting, etc. All this knowledge will help me in my college reading and writing career because I already have an idea of what its like to be a writer and author. It is somewhat of a head start. I know how to begin a writing and I know how to end it, but the only thing is making it sound good and well put together.  

While I was reading Bunn’s article I noticed that he started the article with a little story of him and how this article came to be. He gave some information on what he did , where he was. It made me picture everything in my head. It sounded as if it was a narrative. I want to try this because it makes the writing look more professional to me. Another thing I noticed was that in the section, “What does it mean to read like a writer,” Bunn’s started it off by explaining what RWL means instead of explaining later. He got right into it. I like that because when I was reading the article I knew right away what the article was going to be about. It made me more focused on the writing. A third thing I noticed in Bunn’s writing that I will do when I write is that he gave many examples. He also gave bullet points full of information. It made the article look well put. When I write articles, I will use these techniques in my writing. 

1. Lisa Cole

A very interesting response, Fahmida. OK, you annotated three things Bunn said. The assignment asked for five. Going forward, make sure you do the complete assignment.