A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Unit 2 Draft Introduction

My research question is how do films impact people for the better?  Growing up I used to watch a lot of movies with my parents mainly my dad because he had the same love that I did for movies. My dad is one of the reasons I developed my love for movies. I used watch movies like Toy Story, Halloweentown, Home Alone, and many other iconic childhood movies, till this day I have the same love for movies, but I’ve branched to many other genres of movies like thrillers, mystery’s, action, comedy, Sci-Fi and many more. I love going out to see a new movie every few months because I get to leave all my stress and problems outside of the theater for 2-3 hours and get to be fully emersed into an amazing story. For example, back in 2021 in December a movie named ” Spider-Man: No Way Home” had a lot of expectations but when it finally came out it blew the expectations out the water. The experience I had in that movie theater is a once in a lifetime experience that I would love to relive. I’m intrigued in this question because I’ve always had a love for movies, and I wonder how big of an affect they have on other people. In my research in this question what I expect are people sharing their own experiences from movies and how movies have impacted their lives. What I also expect are people sharing their own films and explaining how they were able to make the film and the process during and after a film.  I expect to find these answers because there are a lot of people in this world that share the same love for movies just like me.  I know these movies can have a huge impact on a person’s life and can make people want to be a film maker themselves when they never thought they would be one. If I don’t find any information on what I expected to find I will continue to write about it anyway because I truly want to learn how a film can affect a person’s life and maybe even change it. Film’s might not change a person’s life, but it could change a person’s perspective on life and their opinions on something.  If I’m not able to find what I expect in my research, I want challenge my assumptions and make sure I learn more about this topic.

1. Lisa Cole

OK, Jordan, you may proceed with your research.